Pentagon declassifies UFO videos filmed by NAVY pilots

Between 2007 to 2017, three video footage showing unidentified objects flying at almost impossible speeds in the Earth’s atmosphere was leaked. These footages come with audios recording Navy Pilots’ reaction to these objects. On Monday, the Pentagon finally declassifies these videos.

In the CNBC report, the Department of Defense released the three videos that were taken by U.S. Navy pilots that reveal the flying objects that remain unidentified to this day. The declassification of these videos takes place on Monday. The first video dated back to 2004, with the other two being recorded back in 2015. The Pentagon declassified these videos to clear up misconceptions as to whether or not these footage are real or if there were more videos.

According to the New York Times, which published the video articles, the unidentified objects flew at high speeds in the Earth’s atmosphere. The videos were said to be taken during the navy’s training flights.

In their statement, the Pentagon said, “The U.S. Navy previously acknowledged that these videos circulating in the public domain were indeed Navy videos. After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems, and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena.”

With Pentagon releasing these videos, the speculation aims to remove speculation. These speculations they intend to remove include questions as to whether or not the video footage is indeed genuine. The second one is to remove questions as to the existence of extraterrestrial beings.

The U.S. Navy began to formalize the reporting process for pilots last year to report incidents of UFO sightings. In an April 2019 statement by the Navy themselves, they said that there has been “a number of reports of unauthorized and/or unidentified aircraft entering various military-controlled ranges and designated airspace in recent years. They continued, “These kins of incursions can be both a security risk and pose a safety hazard for both Navy and Air Force aviation. For safety and security concerns, the Navy and the USAF take these reports very seriously and investigates each and every report.”

In the past decades, the Pentagon switch sides regarding the funding to investigate these unexplained aerial phenomena. Media reports include one project that was shuttered in 2012. In 2019, the Defense Intelligence Agency released a list that enumerates 38 research titles that were funded by the program. All of these research plans are under the Freedom of Information Act.

A former Pentagon official resigned due to the closure of one plan and opposed the excessive secrecy. That plan was the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, and Luis Elizondo lead this initiative that was later scratched by the Pentagon.

In an interview that dates back in 2017, Elizondo said: “my personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone.” One of the video footage supports Elizondo’s statement. In the video, the pilot exclaimed, “There’s a whole fleet of them… My gosh, they’re all going against the wind. The wind is 120 knots to the west. Look at that thing, dude!”

Senator Harry Reid tweeted his support that the Pentagon is finally working on these video footage. He tweeted, “I’m glad the Pentagon is finally releasing this footage, but it only scratches the surface of research and materials available. The U.S. needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications. The American people deserve to be informed. This tweet is in response to that of CBS’s news tweet on the 3 Navy videos.

Give a Comment